Friday, October 06, 2006

Inspiration for this weblog

According to Dictionary.com, the following is the definition of a father: a man who exercises paternal care over other persons; paternal protector or provider. There were other entries, but this one strikes me as the most accurate definition because it grabs the heart of the title Father.

This project has been in my brain for quite some time now, and now is the time for me to introduce it to the world.

When I watch TV shows, listen to radios, or talk to women and girls, I find that a present and reliable father has become a precious commodity. It seems to appear normal for a mother to be solely responsible for the success of a household. We see men at war, in jail, at work, or we don't see them at all. If there is a conspiracy brewing somewhere, it would be to remove the father from the family.

If such a conspiracy exists, this is my contribution to the cause against such a notion. I want to post pictures, stories, movies, etc. That celebrate fathers because there are father who are taking care of their responsibilities.

There are fathers who didn't have a father in their lives, yet they are giving their all to be the man they envisioned for themselves.


Will you help me celebrate daddies?

Will you help daddies raise their game and become more productive as fathers?

To help fathers, send in your stories, pictures, etc. to Datbury@Yahoo.com. I will not share your information with anyone. Your stories, et al may be edited for content, grammar, and appropriateness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home