Monday, January 22, 2007

Pursuit of Happyness

I finally saw the movie and it was awesome. A real tear jerker. I am so glad to finally see a good father movie. I watched it with my 7 year old son, who, had plenty of questions. It only had a few cuss words which I didn't want my son top hear, but I'm glad he watched it with me. He appears to be more grateful for what he has. I talked to him about the reality that not everyone has parents, or are rich. I think we had one of the longest, and most meaningful conversations ever. Smith's character is what a father is all about: Doing what it takes to take care of your family, and keeping the spirit of hope alive. Some fathers don't realize that it is our responsibility to instill hope in our children. Even when danger is all around, we have to keep a smile on our face so that our kids won't have to worry. Its a very tough and heavy burden, but lighter than childbirth. Be thankful for that fathers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home