Monday, January 29, 2007

Daddy's little girl

My daughter doesn't have any special days coming up like a birthday, or some sort of anniversary. She is not old enough to start school which means she is far from being ready to get married.

Oh the horror!

She is just two years old, but she is the joy of my life. I don't know if my wife is supposed to be my joy, or if my sons are supposed to be, but she definitely is.

Stevie Wonder sang a song with the lyrics, "You are the sunshine of my life . . .", and she truly is.

Cherish and love your daughter all the days of her life so that she can recognize it to be what love is supposed to look like.

Sure, what do I know? I'm not dealing with a teenager, or even an adult daughter who is making it hard for me to look the other way, but if I ever encounter such a time, at least I will be able to reflect on the now, and say that I showed my daughter love.

Isn't that a goal in life? Living with no regrets? I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home